S&B Intake installed, pics and vids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpl2407

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As today was a good day weather wise, I decided to take advantage and install my S&B Intake. It was mentioned on my other thread that the install was a bit fiddly, it is, particularly with having to take out the wheel arch liner, however, the install instructions provided are great, and, overall it was pretty straight forward.

First impressions..........Fan freaking tastic :). I could not say if throttle response is better as I just added the SC3865 and the 91 tune has transformed the truck, the intake has, however, altered the sound, almost added a more base like tone after 3500rpms, it really does sound amazing!.

So, here are some pics, before and after, and, also a couple of videos I took with my iphone. My exhaust is standard except for having no resonators and an 18" magnaflow glasspack.

Standard Engine bay and airbox setup:
IMG_0794_zps8aaca4a2.jpg

Not sure if this is classed as a clean or dirty TB (97000 miles on the engine):
IMG_0796_zps5e579a63.jpg

S&B Installed:
IMG_0797_zps88e2c18d.jpg

I am not sure how to embed YT vids:

IMG_0799 - YouTube

IMG_0800 - YouTube

IMG_0801 - YouTube

Overall I am extremely happy with both the SC and the Intake, next up is ported TB and full exhaust :)

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Very nice. Just wait until you see what the back of that TB is going to look like...haha.

OP
OP
J

jpl2407

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice. Just wait until you see what the back of that TB is going to look like...haha.

Hopefully will find out real soon :), does your 85mm TB come with a larger silicone coupler?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
No it is just the TB, but it is an OEM Tthrottle Body, so it mounts just the same as what you have now. We only port the inside.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice!

and to embed the YT vids, copy the letter/number code that is after the equal sign, paste it in the post and then put [yt] at the beginning of it.
And [\yt] at the end.

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks and sounds good. Its been a long time since i have been on roads like that lol. Living in the city i cant enjoy a backroad like that anymore. I just want to get on it and have some fun but cant with mostly all multilane roads here.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Matt has anyone used the S&B intake and measured what the AIT reading is compaired to an open element style cold air with a heat sheild? Im wondering how much cooler of a charge it will produce the more I see them.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Matt has anyone used the S&B intake and measured what the AIT reading is compaired to an open element style cold air with a heat sheild? Im wondering how much cooler of a charge it will produce the more I see them.

The cooler air coming in from the scoop is definately an added bonus, but nobody has sent me any numbers yet. I will do some digging to see if I can get that info from some of the customers that are running that combo.

I dont know if you remember the days when I was testing homemade track intake scoops every week, but they work wonders for these trucks. As long as it is forward facing and cold air is being forced in, you are going to feel a noticable difference.

OP
OP
J

jpl2407

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Couple more, lol, 1st is just driving around and really just shows how quiet things are until the taps open up, it is a tad boring as I get stuck behind a dump truck, just fwd to 7:25 when I can finally get past.

[yt]904Zgwg4bh8[/yt]

This is the same journey with the added bonus of a tunnel and a Porsche Cayenne S that was riding my bumper. Sadly, there is no proof that there even was a Cayenne here, however, you will see its shadow toward the end, they are no slouch (I have one), but, it was also not even a challenge, I feel sorry for the guy, lol, and also the Red 2nd that wanted to play too :)

[yt]CUSXsZIJCvY[/yt]

Last edited:

Slade233

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hey jpl2407 is that second video out by hot metal harley?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf