Still new to the site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmcash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
But Ive got another issue. I have an 03 SLT 1500 with the 4.7 magnum. 5 speed trans, 4wd. When I start the truck now the oil pressure gauge doesnt move. and after about 10 seconds of running like this it dings and lights up "check gauges" The engine doesnt peck or rattle or anything as if it has no oil. I shut the truck off, restart, the gauge climbs up to the notch in the middle, Im assuming 40psi, but heres the weird part, even though the gauge shows oil pressure, the engine develops a rocker arm tick for about 2 minutes of idle or maybe 15 seconds of driving. Total loss at what the issue could be, and after losing 923.00 in the rear differential which is still screwed up, Im hoping this is something really simple.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Get a shop to put a mechanical gauge on it and do a reading. The early trucks only register normal pressure at 5 psi and above. In 06 they went to a gauge that read alittle better but still not accurate.

427invader

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an '04 with a 5.7L Hemi. If the temp. is below 38 or 36 degrees outside my oil pressure gauge does nothing. If I shut the truck off and restart it the gauge functions properly. For some reason this is only a winter problem for me. Thought about replacing the gauge with a new one, but it's not a must have right now. I'll just restart the truck in the winter.