Superchip issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok been on phone with superchips twice and still nothing. I need to update my superchips so I can use it on my new PCM. I downloaded spark on the computer all is good. When I connect the flashpaq to the computer it goes to crap. The computer recognizes the device but nothing happens and it fails to update.

I've changed USB cord and tried on 3 computers, same crap. Is it the damn unit then? It worked perfectly fine before (month ago)

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
Ok been on phone with superchips twice and still nothing. I need to update my superchips so I can use it on my new PCM. I downloaded spark on the computer all is good. When I connect the flashpaq to the computer it goes to crap. The computer recognizes the device but nothing happens and it fails to update.

I've changed USB cord and tried on 3 computers, same crap. Is it the damn unit then? It worked perfectly fine before (month ago)
Did you unmarry or divorce it from the old pcm before you changed it?

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I told superchips about how I wanted to put my old PCM back to stock so I can use it on new and they told me to do that update and I'll be fine. I heard there was more steps so I'm hoping I'm being directed right, if not two people at superchips are dumb.

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
I told superchips about how I wanted to put my old PCM back to stock so I can use it on new and they told me to do that update and I'll be fine. I heard there was more steps so I'm hoping I'm being directed right, if not two people at superchips are dumb.

If you haven't unmarried it from the old pcm then it won't work no matter what you do because it protects the stock settings so they don't get deleted. If you still have the old pcm you could put it back in temporarily and unmarry the superchips. Then switch them back out and it should be good to go. Superchips the company also has the codes to reset it but they don't like giving those out.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea that's what I exactly thought! Intried hooking up the superchips to my truck when I had the old one in but there was a error always. I told superchips this and they said it's because the PCM is bad so it's having issues. Do the spark download and I'll be good to go cause they put it in system for my serial number to do? Yet nothing.

I emailed them about it now since I'm frustrated about it. Can't call them tomorrow cause I'm at work all day and when I get off they aren't in. So hopefully I'll get a email response and then try calling Tuesday about wtf to do.

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
Yea that's what I exactly thought! Intried hooking up the superchips to my truck when I had the old one in but there was a error always. I told superchips this and they said it's because the PCM is bad so it's having issues. Do the spark download and I'll be good to go cause they put it in system for my serial number to do? Yet nothing.

I emailed them about it now since I'm frustrated about it. Can't call them tomorrow cause I'm at work all day and when I get off they aren't in. So hopefully I'll get a email response and then try calling Tuesday about wtf to do.
Yeah man that sucks. Hopefully they get you situated. These 4.7s are slugs without a tune on them. Lol

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol yes they are! I was thinking in future to do swap or just turbo the thing lol.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharger would be nice, because I've seen a lot of rear mounted turbos but that wouldn't go well with mudding and doing drop offs at dock with jet ski

Side note: finally got someone great at superchips. Told them the issue again and he clearly stated something is up so I have to send to them and they'll fix it free of charge. Sending it out ASAP cause my truck is running like **** lol