trouble code P0524

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpg4603

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 himi
Hey everyone, so i have this "problem" with my 07 5.7 hemi. the code read low oil pressure. when the code displayed on my dash mounted computer i pulled over. i checked the oil and i had a safe level in their.
*i just changed the oil about 150 miles or so. put in full synthetic and a bosh filter.
back to being pulled over; i called the dealer and told him what happen with the code and changing the oil not to many miles ago and all that. he told me that i should try changing the oil filter out first. then move on from their.
so i went to the dealer and pick up a mopar oil filter and installed it, took the negative off the terminal and reset the code and the light. after i did that i started up the truck and the code hasn't come back on nor the light on the dash.
i think everything is fine but i have been a little paranoid about this code that displayed. 1)Has anyone encountered this before. 2)maybe give me some help on why the code came on in the first place. 3) what should i do if the code comes on again.
Thank you for the time all answers and discussion are appreciated.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Welcome to the forum. First off, tell everyone how many miles are on your truck, what type of oil you changed to, what type of filter you had on it when it acted up, etc, etc. That way they will have all the info they will need to diagnose your problem. Is that the first time you ran synthetic, etc?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
The mopar oil filter is a bit more restrictive and holds more pressure than a lot of aftermarket ones. That may be what caused the code in the first place. Some people do not know about this and manufacturers will not tell you. My company tested several brands of filters in our boats before settling upon fram filters because they held more pressure than a lot of the others.

OP
OP
D

dpg4603

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 himi
i have 76500 miles on the truck and this is my 3rd or 4th oil change that i have done to it and i have always used synthetic oil.
i had used fram oil filters every time except this one time when i went with bosh. i dont know if the answer lay in the oil filter but if so im glad its that then a sending unit or worse.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
i have 76500 miles on the truck and this is my 3rd or 4th oil change that i have done to it and i have always used synthetic oil.
i had used fram oil filters every time except this one time when i went with bosh. i dont know if the answer lay in the oil filter but if so im glad its that then a sending unit or worse.

If it had been a sending unit then the code would have come back. Same with a bad pump. When you used a Mopar filter the code did not come back. I say the problem is fixed. :Rock on:

OP
OP
D

dpg4603

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 himi
yeah i sure hope so.
why would the bosh oil filter cause the code to come on?:hail:

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sorry for the slow response, I just stumbled in here.

I also own a '07 1500 quad cab 4x4 sport with the 5.7 which I have had since new.

I have had the same code thrown several times now. About once a year, perhaps 20k miles apart. No apparent relationship to oil change interval, fluid type or filter used.

It freaked me out at first, but now I just pull the batt connection erasing the engine light and go on my merry way after confirming fluids are at an acceptable level.

The truck has 98,000 miles on it currently and has been great. It has always used some oil on long highway trips, especially in "Tow / Haul" mode. Not so much from burning it out the tail pipe, rather I think it sucks it past the valve guides when engine braking and trailing the throttle like coming down freeway hills towing the boat.

Other than that, no issues. I know it goes against ones gut feelings, but I would say just reset it and do your thing.

Oh, and for some reason, the brand new Power Wagon with the 5.7 is doing similar things in terms of oil consumption. So keep it topped off, pull the batt. terminal and keep doing what you are doing.

;)

Last edited:

Bigredhemi33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 07 and i m having the same problem i ce replaced the sensor and it cam back gauge is fine motor runs great no noises it has 109000 on it jelp plz