Type of oil in these old girls???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SYKRAMMAN

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
That's my next oil change. I have been changing my oil every 12 to 1500 miles because the synthetic oil breaks up sludge n gunk so I've done it twice so far and I have about 1k left on this last change but will definitely be going either rl or ao 5/30.

OP
OP
SYKRAMMAN

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I run valvoline 5w30 high millage in mine. I'm burning through oil like crazy but Its worn rings and valve seals from 215k miles still runs good though

That valvoline is almost the worst you can use in these old 287's. It has 0 molybdenum and next to nothing of anything else. I just bought this pos a few months ago and I'm on my third oil change because I switched to synthetic and it's breaking up all the sludge in the engine, my latest change was a few weeks ago with m1 5/30 and a can of restore, so far it's been pretty quiet compared to when I got it but I'm still going to change it once more to rl to see if that makes it any more quite but I would definitely get that ****y oil out n get something with ample lubricious content in it. Also throw a quart of Lucas oil treatment for your oil consumption problems, that stuff always if not stopped the oil burn but at the very least slowed it down considerably in all of my pos cars and trucks, anyway good luck bud. Hmu if you need assistance.

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I change my oil at 3k miles I've been told that's always a good rule of thumb. So running oil that can last longer would almost be like throwing money away. I may switch brands at some point provided I can find a better oil at a comparable price.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk