2013 express USB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackexpress13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Does anyone know how to get a Samsung android phone to be able to play music on a 2013 express via USB.. My iPhone shows up as soon as its plugged in..

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Try selecting the "Media" and see if it chooses USB for you to play. My iPhone hooks up immediately too. Haven't tried with an adroid yet.

OP
OP
B

blackexpress13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah when I plug the galaxy s4 in on the phone it says "installed as a media device" but when I hit media button on the radio it says there is no media available.. I've always had an iPhone and never messed with android so I wasn't sure if there was a setting you had to turn on within the phone

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Maybe it's an S4 thing? It's plug and play for my S3 on the USB, no issues. If I recall correctly there was a popup I had to click to allow the system to access the media when I first connected it. Did that popup with the phonebook and call records when I connected to bluetooth for the cell access, too.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You could also try to play it as a Mass Storage device. I have had to do this with my last andriod device and haven't gotten to try it with my S4 yet.