Apple CarPlay/android auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I absolutely loved the ability to use my phones gps in my last vehicle, since it's largely better than the factory nav so needless to say when I got my 2013 Laramie long horn I was a little bummed out. Is there a headunit out there, the same size (I think it's an 8" unit?) that I could drop in to the factory faceplate and location in order to have a better software than uconnect?

OP
OP
T

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Dang. And I definitely don't want to give up the 8.4 size

14Ramcc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ED
I absolutely loved the ability to use my phones gps in my last vehicle, since it's largely better than the factory nav so needless to say when I got my 2013 Laramie long horn I was a little bummed out. Is there a headunit out there, the same size (I think it's an 8" unit?) that I could drop in to the factory faceplate and location in order to have a better software than uconnect?

Can't you use the phone's gps via bluetooth to the trucks radio? I can do that with my 2014. Of course you also have to then listen to music from your phone.

OP
OP
T

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Nor does it do iheart radio so it's a big expensive no go for me lol

sawtooth4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Subscribed. I wish Ram would get on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk