aux switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikes64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
if there is a post about this already I'm sorry, I couldn't find it. I tried to go on the ram body builder site, but when I get to the part where you need to pick your truck it wont do anything for me. id like to hook up rear led light pods and want to use the aux switches that are already in my dash.can anyone here help point me in the right direction? id like to avoid installing a toggle switch if I can. thanks!!

OP
OP
Mikes64

Mikes64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Yes thanks! That was very helpful. Now to decide where I want to mount the lights up..

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

AlphaCT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Between the tow hooks is a popular set up. I wanted to get a headache rack and mount them to the top - but can't find a rack that will work with rambox and allow me to use a tonneau cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Between the tow hooks is a popular set up. I wanted to get a headache rack and mount them to the top - but can't find a rack that will work with rambox and allow me to use a tonneau cover.

One thing to note about mounting them on a headache rack with a quad cab/crew cab - most of the light will be blocked by the roof of the truck (which is why those horrendous windshield mounts exist) unless you go with a tall mount (that lifts the center of the light about 3" above the cab) and a spot beam.

AlphaCT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I found the perfect rack - you can raise it 7" above the top of the cab! Just won't work with tonneau. I was going to just install the rack behind the cab not the other rack portion at the rear of the bed. Here is a link to the rack.
https://www.usrack.com/rambox_rack.php

OP
OP
Mikes64

Mikes64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I was looking between the tow hooks. Bit it doesn't seem like to much meat to bolt onto. Anyone have pics of how they did theirs?

AlphaCT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I was looking between the tow hooks. Bit it doesn't seem like to much meat to bolt onto. Anyone have pics of how they did theirs?

This is what you will need to mount the LED light bar in between your tow hooks. I have read some great reviews on these! - I have not used these (so I do not have any experience first hand) just what I have seen on the forum. Hopefully someone can give you first hand feedback and reviews

40in Dual / Single Row Curved LED Light Bar Hidden Bumper Mounting Brackets for 10-16 Dodge Ram 2500 / 3500 Pickup [70569] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

OP
OP
Mikes64

Mikes64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
That's a nice setup. But I don't want to get rid of the tow hooks

OP
OP
Mikes64

Mikes64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
There we go! That looks like it will be great

kyle64hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so after seeing that video i'm confused. When I go into my settings menu commercial is my only option. Under the commercial screen pto is all that is there. Where is the trailer name features or the aux switch features? what all am I missing?

OP
OP
Mikes64

Mikes64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
ok... so I thought I had this figured out. I still do,i think?lol once I hook up the wire to the plug under the hood, do I just run my hot wire to that and connect them? and what about my ground wire? can that just go to a frame ground or does that need to go somewhere special?

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
Guys can I add the acc switches to my 1500 express?

Last edited:

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Guys can I add the acc switches to my 1500 express?

Been talked about before. Basically the juice is not worth the squeeze if you did not get it installed at the factory.

It is a can bus controlled system and besides the switch panel up front, there is additional harness on both inside the cab and outside that are needed. In addition, it needs a relay pack module for the engine bay and eventually a flash from the dealership to enable it to talk and work on the can bus.

Nor does MOPAR offer a kit for installing post production. AFAIK, this AUX switch option is only offered on the 2500/3500 models and not the 1500. Even if one was to retrofit to a 1500, dealership may be locked out from flashing the sales code to a 1500 model.

Last edited:

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Well looks like I'll bag that idea

Yeah, it sucks it cannot be reasonably added after the fact. I advice anybody ordering a 2500/3500 to add the Aux switch option. It is the best $130 you will spend to have the flexibility of it.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you'll have to go the aftermarket route and figure out a bracket/mounting place. I decided since the tray in front of the jump seat was unused, it'd be a perfect spot for a switch mount:

(unfinished)
27366307712_a2d43e0d69_b.jpg