Battery options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With a price like that it should have a lifetime warranty- not for me.
Most reg batteries i find that are the right group for the truck are about $180. I can order a OEM batt (part# posted) and have it shipped but by the time thats its shipped its about $180. So its not much more or a gelcel sealed type batt that i can get free shipping on from amazon

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if i was to look for a new battery it would optima all the way.

Reactions: 502

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have 3 cars and 3 boats and use them only 6 month a year.
Every time i want to start them after winter time there is at leas one battery dead.
Over winter acid lead batteries depp discharge and that kills them.
I got Optima batteries for my big boat as they supposed to not suffer deep discharge.
If you use your car daily/weekly then lead acid batteries are fine, if your car is stored for long periods,
then you better get AGM or Optima batteries or have a trickle charger on lead batteries.
Good lead acid batteries last 5-7 years if they don't suffer lack of liquid, deep discharge or overcharging due to faulty electronics.
Chris

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
+1 - What he sadi

Will add, that if sitting, it is always a good idea to use an automatic trickle charger.
My boat batteries have lasted far longer than most.

Of course, now that I bragged, they will be needing replaced this year, just wait and see . . . . .

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a trickle charger on the other vehicles that don't get driven often or at all, I used to have a Optima yellow top on the Baby blazer (ZR2) until it just stopped taking a charge one day. I've been hearing a lot of issues lately with Optima lately, and was thinking to try another AGM or sealed style battery.. But most likely I will go with another Yellow top and move it later when I get to those phases of the project.

On the Farm we have tons of batteries and its always a pain in the ass, so in the barns we installed a solar trickle charging system, and another we use a system that can maintain 12 batteries at a time. Helped lower the cost of buying batteries for tractors every year, and if ya'll think that battery I posted is expensive, try buying them for a T-track 345r John Deere..... ouch!!!!

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have a trickle charger on the other vehicles that don't get driven often or at all, I used to have a Optima yellow top on the Baby blazer (ZR2) until it just stopped taking a charge one day. I've been hearing a lot of issues lately with Optima lately, and was thinking to try another AGM or sealed style battery.. But most likely I will go with another Yellow top and move it later when I get to those phases of the project.

On the Farm we have tons of batteries and its always a pain in the ass, so in the barns we installed a solar trickle charging system, and another we use a system that can maintain 12 batteries at a time. Helped lower the cost of buying batteries for tractors every year, and if ya'll think that battery I posted is expensive, try buying them for a T-track 345r John Deere..... ouch!!!!

Keeping a charge in our batteries is the answer. I have trickle chargers on my tractor, atv, and rv. My batteries last for years. Many of my friends have to replace theirs about every spring after they sat discharged all winter. A 35 dollar battery maintainer is a lot cheaper than a new battery every year.