Compatable with Factory Sirius Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dooner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Are there any aftermarket head units that can be connected to the factory installed Sirius satellite equipment, or do you have to replace the factory unit with an aftermarket unit too?

And if you have to replace the unit, what about the antenna on the roof? Can you use the old one, and if not, how much trouble is it to get the new one in its place?

All info you can give me would be appreciated. If I am not addressing something, please add it. I want to know if it would be worth all the trouble.

Head unit that I am thinking about is Pioneer DEH-P8400BH. And I know this one needs the aftermarket satellite unit.

Thank you guys.
Dooner

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I would imagine the Sirius receiver is built in to the radio since the antenna plugs into the back of the radio. Long as the plug is the same as the receiver you buy for the aftermarket radio than it should work

kmarteni

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Upgraded Factory Stereo

I just installed a Pioneer AVH-8400BH and used the factory antenna for my Sirius. I had to install a Pioneer CD-SB10 as well as a Sirius Connect Universal Vehicle Tuner but as able to plug the factory antenna into Sirius Connect, ran all my wiring and everything works like a charm. Full signal from antenna and zero problems so far. Alot of extra B.S. to get Sirius to my aftermarket head unit but worth it.