Customtronix Front Emblem Camera Install Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes they do. I got and installed the gold + kit about a month ago. I think the discount got me 100 off.
Keep in mind that Uconnect is currently pushing out an OTA update to 2013-2017 8.4 radios. With Customtronix software installed.. you wont be able to get the update. You can wait until the update occurs, then install the Customtronix or install the Customtronix and don't do the update. Magnus at Customtronix is great to deal with. They will also have the Uconnect update available for download but that will probably be in a few months.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Boomer, where did you get your setup? From there website or someplace here in US?

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes they do. I got and installed the gold + kit about a month ago. I think the discount got me 100 off.
Keep in mind that Uconnect is currently pushing out an OTA update to 2013-2017 8.4 radios. With Customtronix software installed.. you wont be able to get the update. You can wait until the update occurs, then install the Customtronix or install the Customtronix and don't do the update. Magnus at Customtronix is great to deal with. They will also have the Uconnect update available for download but that will probably be in a few months.

EDIT: I just noticed on their website that their software is not compatible with a radio that got the latest OTA update. I will contact Magnus and see what their plan is and will post back

didithepest

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Night
Engine
Yeah boomer. Did you order it directly from them
?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes directly from them in Sweden. 3 day fedex to my door. Oh and when I contacted Magnus at Customtronix about the latest Uconnect OTA update.. he stated that they already have the latest OTA update software and are currently testing it. Once testing is complete, they will push their version of the update out to their customers via email.

Last edited:

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried to order from them but was told that because I did the 8.4 upgrade they don't recommend their products.
I placed the order and gave my vin number and when they checked it they sent me an email that they had cancelled my order because I have the wrong system. I emailed back that I did the upgrade and that was when it was explained to me that it wasn't recommended; although they did tell me that others have gotten it to work.
I was ready because I had the locpic before and did like the front view cam but hated the interface...
Their products look great too...

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there any word when their system will work with the new updates on the radios? 17.11.xx?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I tried to order from them but was told that because I did the 8.4 upgrade they don't recommend their products.
I placed the order and gave my vin number and when they checked it they sent me an email that they had cancelled my order because I have the wrong system. I emailed back that I did the upgrade and that was when it was explained to me that it wasn't recommended; although they did tell me that others have gotten it to work.
I was ready because I had the locpic before and did like the front view cam but hated the interface...
Their products look great too...

I'm using they're RAx Jailbreak software with my 8.4 conversion without issue. You just need to make sure (via email) they know the year of your truck and the year/PN/SW version of your 8.4 radio.

Magnus can get you straightened out.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply and also that yours is working without issue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there any word when their system will work with the new updates on the radios? 17.11.xx?

Is there anything in the newest update that it makes it worth pursuing?

I've had my Customtronix for about two years... and have never updated the software.... I have zero issues.

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm having an issue with the front emblem cam flickering. They sent e a second cam and it has not solved the issue. Gonna mess with it today.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Moved from 'Interior' Topic

Customtronix front emblem camera install with their Jailbreak Silver+ Package

Cheers!

https://youtu.be/jbIV9QUIVdE
I'm having an issue with the front emblem cam flickering. They sent e a second cam and it has not solved the issue. Gonna mess with it today.
Have either of you had an issue with fogging/moisture in the camera after an automatic/touchless car wash or driving in heavy rain?

I'm considering getting their front camera and have issues with the cheap eBay camera I installed in my own emblem (already have the RAx SW). I would hate to pay a premium to have the same issues.

d81c11ea875f8c268b71b7ccd117c8a1.jpge731f2605284459b1ee61e34b9234d14.jpg