Hacking into your vehicles computer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ran across a most interesting article about vehicle computer systems being hacked into and the hacker being able to control certain vehicle functions. At first I said, Naah. But then I took a look at the wiring diagrams for our Gen 4 vehicles and realized it is indeed possible via the Uconnect devices as they connect directly into the computers data buss. Then I got to thinking about OnStar, remote starting systems, and even the key fobs that have replaced an ignition key for a number of vehicles. It is indeed possible for someone to hack into any vehicle with a CANBUSS, but some may be easier than others.

Read and enjoy:

Computer researchers demonstrate how cars can by hacked via laptop | The Daily Caller

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Our trucks computers can certainly be hacked. Lock codes can be copied by programs to reopen your car. Any wireless service can be used as a port to gain access.

That being said, anything with a computer and wireless connection can be hacked from basically anywhere. Hell, a guy a few months ago made a remote control that could hack into and take over the auto pilot system on a full sized plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2