Kicker Q Class Amps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimbo1man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Lonestar
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know they were 'released' to limited authorized dealers at CES this year, but I have not been able to find a single person who has seen them, let alone purchased or demo'd them. I've called around to shops here in Austin and no one has 'em. Best Buy and Crutchfield weren't included in the release of these, I think because Kicker created custom demo sound boards for the entire Q series line for select retailers. Nary a sound over on DIYMA either.

I'm really stoked about the opportunity to run a combined 1,2,4 or 5 channel amp AND full (TA+XO+31 Ch EQ) DSP in a single box at a very affordable price when you consider the same capabilities with separate units.

Anyone seen or heard anything about these?

KICKER | IQ500.4 Amplifier;

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen them on an accommodation list and was extremely intrigued. Other than that, nothing. Looks like the old IX amps on steroids. I LOVED the IX amps, I ran three of them in my Challenger.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yes, we released them to select dealers, but a bunch go out. If you need a local Q class dealer, I can look, just give me a zip code.

The IX amps are nice, but far different than the IQ. The IQ is like having a full on DSP and Front Row on every channel. I used the 500.1 on a Comp Q 10", .6 sealed, and an IQ500.4 on one set of QSS674s.
The DSP is amazing what you can do, add the IQI, install, silent Bluetooth is there.
Using the laptop of even phone to dial in your sound is very helpful.

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Two Q class dealers in Austin

Pro Car Audio 512-366-7888 10715 N Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78753
Austin Sunshades Window Tinting 512-249-8468 12217 Roxie Dr Austin, TX 78729

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do they offer any type of auto tuning? That is one thing I liked about the MS-8, it wasn't perfect but it got it 80-90% there in 5 minutes.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
OP
OP
J

jimbo1man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Lonestar
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, we released them to select dealers, but a bunch go our. If you need a local Q class dealer, I can look, just give me a zip code.

The IX amps are nice, but far different than the IQ. The IQ is like having a full on DSP and Front Row on every channel. I used the 500.1 on a Comp Q 10", .6 sealed, and an IQ500.4 on one set of QSS674s.
The DSP is amazing what you can do, add the IQI, install, silent Bluetooth is there.
Using the laptop of even phone to dial in your sound is very helpful.

Thanks Gray... just hooked up with Robert @ Austin Sunshades in Austin (I'm in 78704, about 15 miles south) for a demo Saturday. Stoked!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Thanks Gray... just hooked up with Robert @ Austin Sunshades in Austin (I'm in 78704, about 15 miles south) for a demo Saturday. Stoked!

Right on, glad to help. Let me know thoughts after you demo them.:favorites13:

Have a great weekend.

OP
OP
J

jimbo1man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Lonestar
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right on, glad to help. Let me know thoughts after you demo them.:favorites13:

Have a great weekend.

Hung out with Rob for a couple of hours today, he pulled the one he had in inventory to install in his truck, which we demoed. Damn nice guy, and a really nice shop!

Pretty impressed, much smaller footprint than I had expected. He didn't have tweeq set up on his phone yet, and had barely touched the dsp, but it sounded damn good. I picked one up for $650, should have it next week, installed in a couple of weekends with 1st impressions.

That said, I'll have a Kicker front stage, an alpine power pack, a loc pro 7, and some kicker coax's in the classifieds section soon.

Thanks for the lead!!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Hung out with Rob for a couple of hours today, he pulled the one he had in inventory to install in his truck, which we demoed. Damn nice guy, and a really nice shop!

Pretty impressed, much smaller footprint than I had expected. He didn't have tweeq set up on his phone yet, and had barely touched the dsp, but it sounded damn good. I picked one up for $650, should have it next week, installed in a couple of weekends with 1st impressions.

That said, I'll have a Kicker front stage, an alpine power pack, a loc pro 7, and some kicker coax's in the classifieds section soon.

Thanks for the lead!!

Right on, once you see the DSP selections inside the amp, the more you play with it to more it will wow you. Congrats sir! And thank you for spending the time to look at the amp in detail.