My audio/video build starts tomorrow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'll post pics as I complete each task! But the list of sh*t going in or already in is stated below!

HEAD UNIT

Alpine INE-W967HD
iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR Interface Module
Scosche CR1297DDB Dash Kit
iDatalink HRN-RR-CH3 Factory Integration Adapter
iDatalink ACC-USB-RAM USB Port Cable

Video

7” Alpine TME- M780 monitors or my *Sony XVMB62 6.25” monitors
*Sony ones already installed but debating swithching to mach brands with head unit.
Apple TV 4th Gen *already installed
Alpine DVE-5300 *adding this along side the currently installed apple tv

MIDS AND HIGHS

Front door Speakers (full 3 way system):
Infinity Kappa Perfect 600
6-1/2" component speaker system
Dash Speakers:
Infinity Kappa Perfect 300m
3-1/2" midrange speakers
Rear door speakers (just the 2 way system):
Infinity Kappa Perfect 600
6-1/2" component speaker system

Low End

2 JL Audio 12W3v3 subwoofers
Old School dual 12” FoxBox enclosure from my 3rd gen ram or my dual 12” Bassforms fiberglass enclosure.

Amplification

Rockford Fosgate Power T1000-1bdCP
Rockford Fosgate Power T600-4

Miscellaneous

XS Power D6500 battery
1/0 gauge dual amp kit
300amp, 2 150amp RF fuses
copper terminals for all connections
12 gauge stinger speaker wire
.........and a bunch of other sh*t!

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nice setup....you may run across a problem with battery install. I believe the post are reversed.

OP
OP
D

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Now I need to unload on some parts I am not going to need anymore! I have a Pac BCI-CH41, AVS21 and VS41. A Audiocontrol DQ-61, rockford fosgate 100 farad hybrid cap, 3.5" kicker 2way speakers, 6.5" kicker 2way speakers and 6x9 kicker 3way speakers......and so much more LOL! Since I don't have 50+ posts on here, eBay will have to be the route I take!

OP
OP
D

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nice setup....you may run across a problem with battery install. I believe the post are reversed.

I posted my issue a little while ago. I bought extensions and extra terminals to get what I need out of it! I don't remember having this slight issue with my 3rd gen and kinetic batteries. I've been out of the game for quite a few years.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would ditch the 3.5" dash speakers. Going to mess up the sound of a decent set of components. Also it's pretty overkill for components in the rear.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I would ditch the 3.5" dash speakers. Going to mess up the sound of a decent set of components. Also it's pretty overkill for components in the rear.

Why? Surround sound is cool. Besides, if you're ever the one providing music at the bonfire, you'll be glad those back doors rock!!! lol

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would ditch the 3.5" dash speakers. Going to mess up the sound of a decent set of components.

Not sure why you would say that. The 3.5" dash placement does extremely well with the midrange of a three way component system.

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Why? Surround sound is cool. Besides, if you're ever the one providing music at the bonfire, you'll be glad those back doors rock!!! lol

Not sure why you would say that. The 3.5" dash placement does extremely well with the midrange of a three way component system.

I agree, I just put in a set of Kicker 3.5's in my dash and a set of 3 ways in my doors with a Kenwood DDX774BH head unit and it sounds great

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The 3.5 will clash with the components. It will be a big mesh of sound. But I think your just going after noise, which this be successful. In regards to the rear speakers.... surround sound is cool for movies but not music. This is why home theater receivers automatically switch to just the front L/R channels when playing music. A good example is live music.... the bands plays in front of you, not all around you.

Opening your rear doors at bonfire or tailgate just blocks half the sound from the front doors. Loudest car I ever built I used for tailgating a lot in college. It had a full active front stage and no rear fill. A total of four speakers up front. That car would drown out professional DJ speakers from 50 yards away, and could probably have won an amateur IASCA SQ competition too. It's not about the amount speakers but more so design and execution.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I agree .... except this isn't a three way system.

EDIT: didn't realize the 300M could work in sync with the 600s as a passive three way set. My bad lol... carry on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The infinity kit is comprised of a true three way design. 6.5" midbass, 3.5" midbass and a tweeter. The dash speakers are not coaxial or anything like that. The tweeters will be mounted near the sail panel, but not in them and the mounting depth is a little too deep for that location. I've heard setups just like this and for someone who listens do death metal, my mids need to be more present in this build. I've already heard this exact setup and is perfect for my listening tastes.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The infinity kit is comprised of a true three way design. 6.5" midbass, 3.5" midbass and a tweeter. The dash speakers are not coaxial or anything like that. The tweeters will be mounted near the sail panel, but not in them and the mounting depth is a little too deep for that location. I've heard setups just like this and for someone who listens do death metal, my mids need to be more present in this build. I've already heard this exact setup and is perfect for my listening tastes.

Cool, are you going to mount the midranges in the A pillars? I've seen some really nice builds like that.

Are you running the Infinity 3 ways as a passive setup (one amp channel going to a crossover which splits the signal to the three drivers)?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you setup imagining properly in the doors, the dash speakers are not needed. More speakers does not always mean better. I cant wait to see this build!

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
If you setup imagining properly in the doors, the dash speakers are not needed. More speakers does not always mean better. I cant wait to see this build!

I agree with the more speakers doesn't mean sound better. However, sometimes a mid range speaker helps the sound a lot...it can help keep the midbass speakers, and the tweeters in their comfort zone. You never want to ask a midbass speaker to play too high where it starts to beam, and you def do not want to ask a tweeter to come down and play too low. Very few tweeters enjoy going below 3k hz, and most midbass speakers do not do well above 500hz-1000hz....so you have a **** spot where both tweeters and midbass speakers are not comfortable...that's where a midrange comes into play.
With my midbass running 80hz-300hz....imaging isn't the concern....getting the largest midbass into the door is. With that being said, I would never run a true 3-way without it being an active system.

OP
OP
D

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Cool, are you going to mount the midranges in the A pillars? I've seen some really nice builds like that.

Are you running the Infinity 3 ways as a passive setup (one amp channel going to a crossover which splits the signal to the three drivers)?

Yes! that is what I'm doing. The rockford Power T600-4 will feed them all! as for the a pillar location, thats a no. these speakers have some pretty deep mounting depths.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
doing it yourself? or having it done?

OP
OP
D

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
doing it yourself? or having it done?

Doing it myself. Taking me a lot longer than expected. I was only able to swap out the HU, run all the RCAs for the amps, remote wires, re route my headrest cables and tune the HU a bit. Sh*t took some time LOL! I have MDF spacer plates that convert the 6x9 openings to accommodate the components sets. But need to open the diameter of the tweeter a bit bigger. Still looking for a spot to mount the HUGE crossovers these things cam with. Anyways, yeah.....gotta do it all myself. With the wife and kid, trying to buy a few hours is almost impossible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990