New Audio Setup/Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_A_Ron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
So when I was shopping for my truck I knew I was going to upgrade the audio, not having the uconnect system made it quite easy. Here is what I ended up with:

Headunit - Kenwood Excelon ddx393 with Maestro. The Maestro allows me to retain some of the factory vehicle setting as well as offers up some additional gauge and monitoring features

24cbjbn.jpg

9tlf86.jpg

Subs and Amp - I went simple on these for now. Underseat box, 800 watt kenwood 12's and 400 watt kenwood amp.

30wqis2.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco
I recently purchased some universal grills for my RF Punch subs at sonicelectronix.com for 13.99 a piece. Might help the sound and prevent damage your subs since they touch the seat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What settings can you configure with the Maestro? After I finish some other stuff, I'm going to tackle my audio. I'm not sure yet if I want to go with the 8.4 and stay factory or go aftermarket with a nice CarPlay radio. I have the 8.4 in my car and the controls are nice, but the audio part is lacking.

OP
OP
A

A_A_Ron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
Thanks for the tip gunpackingsaint.

As far as the maestro goes... according to my audio guy the maestro wire harness and maestro compatible head unit is essential for keeping factory controls (steering wheel controls especially). I did not have steering wheel controls to begin with so I was not worried about it. With the Maestro I can control the climate settings through the headunit, monitor tire pressures, and get access to gauges that my factory cluster doesnt offer. I am very happy with my setup and it was completely worth it in my opinion. The Kenwood headunit has a 13 way equalizer so I can really fine tune the audio and access options the factory head unit just doesnt offer. Later down the road I will go with a more powerful amp and subs, and use the current amp to power new upgraded door speakers... but for now I am happy.