no start no dash computer after camera install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nateo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so I too was fooled by the instructions when connecting the back of the radio. Didn't realize the picture of the connector with no wires shown was actually supposed to be the back of the connector where the wires come out. Attempt to start vehicle failed. I corrected wires and retried. Nothing happens, dash computer does not come on and key could not be removed. I disconnected battery over night and reconnected. Now I can remove and reinsert key. However all 4 lights on shift dial come on then go out. No start and nothing on screen. Anyone know what's likely broken? Any chance this is a fuse?

OP
OP
N

nateo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have not taken out every fuse yet, also haven't hooked up purple wire near brake yet. Not sure that would prevent truck from starting though.

OP
OP
N

nateo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm giving it all she's got captain but she won't go. The only thing I can think is that the dilithium crystals may be cracked.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You may have pulled a harness slightly apart under the dash if you were moving things around. The BCM is under the dash, there is also a large harness just above the carpet on the left, I know a few people have had that harness loose from the factory.

OP
OP
N

nateo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You may have pulled a harness slightly apart under the dash if you were moving things around. The BCM is under the dash, there is also a large harness just above the carpet on the left, I know a few people have had that harness loose from the factory.

All those seem tight.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Seem tight don't mean crap!

IF you've unplugged any connector out of the PCM, a black or blue plug, you will need to reach up there UNDO it, and REDO the connection and make sure it sits in and it's locked.

I did this same thing with a friends 2014 2500 after AMP install. After spending 5 hours installing the steps, getting sick halfway though... he goes to leave and nothing.. I was sooo not in the mood. He unplugged the connections off the BCM that we did and re-did them and BOOM. Truck started. Was so relieved.

OP
OP
N

nateo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok fellows. My bad forgot that I still had that harness near brake unplugged. Plugged back in and all is well. Not only that but camera is working, yea! Perhaps I'll even get around some day to hooking up the purple wire and tailgate lock! In much better mood now. thanks guys.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I don't want to tell you. I told ya so :)

SO glad you figured it out. :) I know it's frustrating when you do something and all of the sudden you've got a new problem..

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep , the BCM C -5 connector . This happened to me after I soldered the purple wire the the #45 Orange & dark blue for the active grid lines .
I just didn't seat it properly and the truck wouldn't start , almost nothing worked so the first thing i did was go back to that connector. ...I unplugged it , inspected the pins & sockets and reinstalled it and everything worked as normal .

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
The C5/E-45 wire enables the turning grid lines with the camera.

From my Up All Night Sleep All Day Gs7 on Tapatalk