Remote Starter Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I've finally gotten around to looking into getting a remote starter put in my '13 Ram sometime before this winter. First I was planning on getting the OEM one put in but with how much it would cost to get done I think I'd rather get an aftermarket 2 way installed instead. So does anyone here have recommendations for what starter to look into? Pro's/Con's of any specific ones? Price range installed? I don't really care about alarm features, I really just want good range and for it to tell me if it started/is running, locked/unlocked that sort of thing. Thanks for any advice :favorites13:

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Same here, still debating on the OEM starter. Its $249 plus the install. which i havent gotten a quote from the dealer

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
im thinking the same
dealer one my dealer says they will go into the as built specs and add it as if it came with it from factory.
I cheacked a few sound shops out they said I have to have the main fob for truck, and a second one to start it.
I am not about to carry 2 fobs around for my truck.

OP
OP
Galion

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
im thinking the same
dealer one my dealer says they will go into the as built specs and add it as if it came with it from factory.
I cheacked a few sound shops out they said I have to have the main fob for truck, and a second one to start it.
I am not about to carry 2 fobs around for my truck.

Ya that's why I first was planning on getting the OEM one installed so it would all be on the original key fob, but now I'm starting to think screw it and get a 2 way instead for the better range and info.

Hockeydad55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Directed 5x10 alarm with remote start uses OEM fob they make viper alarms Thats if you need a alarm too.

Last edited:

joshjack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Viper StartSmart with the smart phone module. Unlock and remote start your truck from anywhere. The fobs have really good range to. They also have extra buttons for later options, like rolling down the windows, etc.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Any Viper/DEI remote start, they make the best out there, and will be a lot less than OEM.

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BestBuy can get my into a DBALL2 which can use my original key and/or an alternate key. BestBuy quoted be $215 installed. Got a quote from the dealer for OEM and it is $683 (from my local dealer), but that also includes 2 new keys and programming.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990