Reverse camera & Cargo camera question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2014 Ram 3500 that has the cargo camera option...
Here's my frustration.. The reverse camera comes up in the dinky rear view mirror meanwhile the not so useful cargo camera comes up in the big 8.4 navigation screen.:flipthebird:

My question is, is there a way to swap them or make them both come up in the navigation screen?

Dodge says no... Although I know there's got to be someone out there that hates that feature too and has maybe done a little more research on it.

Makes more sense to me the option you will use more often is your reverse camera so why make us squint into a rear view mirror when you have a fancy 8.4 screen to look at.

Mike_123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive got the same question
It's bothersome seeing I don't use the cargo cam whatsoever and the backup cam I use for hooking up trailers a lot

Makes no sence it cannot be swapped cause if the truck were ordered with no cargo cam the backup cam would come up on the nav screen

OP
OP
B

Brad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Anyone know of anything?

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Swap the camera output wires from the mirror to the head unit and vice versa. Its only 3 wires. Granted you may have to extend the radio wires to reach the mirror.

OP
OP
B

Brad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Have you done this or seen this done before Jared?
I just wouldn't think it would be that easy as in having the same connectors.
I could see it being that easy with an aftermarket set up.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Have you done this or seen this done before Jared?
I just wouldn't think it would be that easy as in having the same connectors.
I could see it being that easy with an aftermarket set up.

Pretty sure the pins are the same but the connectors are different. You would just have to swap the camera leads at the mirror and back of the radio. I think this was being talked about in another thread.

thoss29

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 3500 "Black Top" Edition 6.4L
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did anyone ever figure this out for sure? It's one of the first things I thought of when I drove the truck off the lot.