"Sat region error"causes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronnyenns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Hi everyone my fist post here,

I recently installed a RES stereo out of a 2016 jeep into my 2012 ram and main reason I did it was cause of Sirius radio, truck didn't have from factory, everything works great besides Sirius I keep getting "sat region error" as soon as I put the key to RUN position, Sirius works when switch is in ACC position.

Everytime I get the message I have to reset radio by disconnecting battery and Sirius works again on ACC until I start truck, it feels like the radio blocks itself as soon as it see's the trucks vin, what could fix this?

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If your radio came out of canada and your truck is USA based that could do it. I know for a while sat radios were region dependent. Not that they wouldn't work across borders but couldn't be activated in the wrong region.

Look through your settings, see if you can change anything. Or try giving Sirius a call.

OP
OP
R

Ronnyenns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Thanks a bunch that's exactly what it feels like, is there a way to change the region on the radio itself or truck?