Unknown wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chandalen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Hello,

I just bought a 2015 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel.

I was installing an inverter when I noticed a wire coming under the drivers seat entering where the e-brake cable enters.

The wire was cut off short in the cab, and has 3 wires inside of about 12 gauge.

I also was fixing a trailer wire issue, and noticed the same type of wire, also cut, at the rear of the vehicle near the trailer wiring harness.

My first guess about the under drivers seat was for a possible inverter, but the wire is too small for that.

My first guess for the rear wire would possibly be an after market electric trailer brake?

My 3500 has the OEM trailer prep package.

Any help would be appreciated.

(in the picture its the BLACK wire I am referring to. The brown is my own mod. The hole they are entering is the ebrake line under drivers seat.

James

Attachments

• 20161220_175753.jpg
    20161220_175753.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 56

Brandon_blh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a similar question. I recently purchased a used 2016 Ram 2500. While detailing the inside, I found what appears to be a relatively thick power cord. One end is secured to the bottom of the rear seat housing, the other end is not attached to anything. I'm assuming the previous owner had an after market amplifier that they removed prior to selling the truck, however, failed to remove this cord. I wanted to post the pictures here to see if anyone can help me confirm that this cord is not needed for the truck. Or if it is, where it's suppose to go. Any help would be great. thanks

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3178.JPG

IMG_3179.JPG

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That’s a ground for an amp. You can get rid of it.