USB issues with Uconnecg 5.0?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just picked up a 2015 Ram 1500 with the 5.0 radio.

On both USB ports it sometimes doesn't register my phone is plugged in and the phone won't even charge. Other times it works fine.

My buddy just bought a new 2017 and his does the same thing.

I also cannot get the iPhone to show up as a source when it is hooked up to either USB port, only bluetooth works. I have an iPhone 7.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
One is charge only on my truck. It works strange as you need to connect the wire to the phone then plug it in to the socket. The USB in the center works fine. Mine iphone shows up as an iPod and will play Slacker (or whatever).

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So this is just how the stupid thing works?

My friend has a new 2017 and his doesnthe same thing on his iPhone but his iPod works fine.

k1ng87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have similar issue in my 2014 Ram 1500

gromage1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 17 2500 will recognize an ipod but not an external hd or my android phone via usb.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Will the USB ports charge your electronics no problem or won't do anything?

Mine will charge the phone if I plug it in and unplug it a bunch until it happens to work. It recognizes a thumb drive too... but i can't use it for my regular charging because it doesn't always work. So stupid.

albacore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 ram with a 5.0 system. I have an iPhone 6s. I have found that I have to plug the phone into the USB prior to turning on the ignition or it will not go into iPod mode. If I plug it in once the engine is started, then it only offers Bluetooth as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I must be a lucky one. I have a 2017 express with the 5.0 and everything works just fine. The lower dash has the 12v port for charging & the opposite side USB is for charging. I use either one on my Samsung S7. Inside the console I use the USB primarily for music on a thumb drive. The instructions for my system said it didn't support I-phones. I don't know what the problem is with that.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I must be a lucky one. I have a 2017 express with the 5.0 and everything works just fine. The lower dash has the 12v port for charging & the opposite side USB is for charging. I use either one on my Samsung S7. Inside the console I use the USB primarily for music on a thumb drive. The instructions for my system said it didn't support I-phones. I don't know what the problem is with that.

Same here. Only differences are the truck is 2014 and my phone is an S5. Everything works fine.

-K