04 Ram 1500 low beam problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20RAM04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have an 04 Ram 1500 and the right side headlight low beam won't work. The high beam works just fine. I've tried 2 different bulbs, changing relays with other relays that I know work, checked fuses, cleaned the back of the switch and no fix. I'm thinking its a wiring issue at this point but before I go digging in I would appreciate any help if anyone has had this happen before.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok if your year truck had the TIPM then I would say that went out. But seeing as it doesn't and it has multiple control modules you may want to see if the fuse and headlight relay are actually getting power. Then trace the wiring with a multi-meter.

OP
OP

20RAM04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Appreciate the response. Would you happen to know which fuses/relays the headlights use? There are no specific fuses/relays for the headlights according to the fuse box cover and the Chilton wiring diagram I have shows the headlights utilize the park lamp and fog lamp relays, which go to a body control module and then to the fuse box, I believe (don't have it in front of me at the moment).

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok the headlights should have their own relay and fuse circuit. Start by removing each and every fuse and checking to see if they are blown. Next is the relays. Only real way to test them is to replace them. Now fi all those are alright the I would suspect the body control module of failing. Not sure how much that will cost to replace though.