2005, Cranking, No Start, No Communication at all, No gauges, No low beams 4 a week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Williamsven

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 dodge 3500
Engine
Died while driving. Cranks, No start, No communication with any scanner. (tried 3 )

No gauges, No tach, No low beams as of a couple weeks ago..
:crazy:

Checked for power at PCM, - Pcm had 12 volts at the Two main PCM feed circuits.

We unplugged the fan clutch, disconnected the batteries, touched + & - together for ten minutes with the key on. Reconnected – no changes.

Checked every single fuse.

Added engine grounds, cleaned all positive terminals.

REMOVED, disassembled entire TIPM to the board. Cleaned all TIPM contacts internally.

TIPM had no visible corrosion, No visible cracked solders, no visible cracked pathways. had a lot of dust, some oxidation on the main power wires, some oxidation on the terminals and where the boards make contact.

No changes. Still no com-no start. - no low beams.

I have fixed several older cars computers at board level, this ain't my first rodeo but it was my first dodge Gen 3 TIPM !

Checked grounds, clean.

No changes.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Check the Sentry system (anti theft).

It is located under the driver side dash (beige/white box). there is an awful lot of wires going to and from that box and many of the wires become brittle after time and in some case corrosion can break them if not short the Sentry itself to a dead stop...

Hope this helps