Front door speakers install help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I need some help. I really want to install my front door speakers, but running the wires from the speakers into the cab is holding me back. Does anyone have any pics on how they did it?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Hurley91

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Anyone? I got everything torn apart, but I'm having trouble running the wires. I have to run my wires from the tweeter, to the speaker in the door, then from the speaker to my amp.

JStrag3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you're trying get the wires from the door into the cab?

OP
OP
Hurley91

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So you're trying get the wires from the door into the cab?

I have tweeters in the dash (the panel near the windsheild), so I have to run those wires through the cab, into the door, then to the speaker. I then have to run a wire from the speaker through the door, into that cab. I guess I could just use the original speaker wires, but I still need the tweeter wires to go to the speaker.

JStrag3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trying to load pics I took for you but its not working.

There's a black rubber "tube" going from the door to the cab. You need to take both ends out and run the wires through that. The end going into the door is easy, you can pry it out with a flat head. The end going into the cab takes more care because its held in by clips that break easily, especially if its cold out. Also be careful not to pinch any existing wires.
I would try and run a wire hanger or something of that nature through it first, then tape the ends of the wires to it and pull it through, well help out a lot.

EDIT: You're also gonna have to pull the kick panel off to get the wires through.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hurley91

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Trying to load pics I took for you but its not working.

There's a black rubber "tube" going from the door to the cab. You need to take both ends out and run the wires through that. The end going into the door is easy, you can pry it out with a flat head. The end going into the cab takes more care because its held in by clips that break easily, especially if its cold out. Also be careful not to pinch any existing wires.
I would try and run a wire hanger or something of that nature through it first, then tape the ends of the wires to it and pull it through, well help out a lot.

EDIT: You're also gonna have to pull the kick panel off to get the wires through.

Thank you. I ended up figuring it out. I did what you said. It was a huge pain in the ass, but atleast I got one side done. Now I have to do the passenger side. Thanks for you help.

JStrag3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you. I ended up figuring it out. I did what you said. It was a huge pain in the ass, but atleast I got one side done. Now I have to do the passenger side. Thanks for you help.

Lol yea it is. No problem. Good luck with it.