Rough transmission shifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alberta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a seal changed in my transmission on my 2011 1500 while still on warranty. Now the warranty is up and my transmission is shifting hard.. I was woundering if they programmed it weird or forgot to clear codes maybe.. Plz help

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I had a seal changed in my transmission on my 2011 1500 while still on warranty. Now the warranty is up and my transmission is shifting hard.. I was woundering if they programmed it weird or forgot to clear codes maybe.. Plz help

When is the hard shift occurring? – Kevin T, Social Connect Team

OP
OP
A

Alberta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gearing up and hard down shifts when when speeding up

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It's very unlikely changing a seal is going to cause any shifting issues, unless it was internal to the transmission. Most likely a separate issue. Have you checked the fluid level?

OP
OP
A

Alberta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was the seal between to torque converter and transmission. I just got an oil change and they said all fluids are good but I will look for myself in the morning

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
It was the seal between to torque converter and transmission. I just got an oil change and they said all fluids are good but I will look for myself in the morning

Let me know if you're in need of further assistance. - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

OP
OP
A

Alberta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fluid in tranny is good what else should I try