06 1500 front end torque specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll be replacing my front struts soon, but that requires removal of the following unless you cab tell me otherwise:

Caliper (not necessary if careful)
Upper Ball Joint
Tie rod end
Swaybar end link
Strut assembly

I can't find torque specs on these items except for the strut assembly which the top nuts torque to 45ftlbs and the bottom bolt to 155 ftlbs. Can someone help me with the rest? I've googled but must not be searching the right thing.
Thanks in advance!

Also, do I need an alignment afterwards if I stay with OEM size struts?

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes you absolutely need an alignment afterward.
Are you replacing them with strut assemblys? If not you will need to transfer the coil spring which requires a coil spring compressor.

Things might not be seized because you are in the south but if youve never done anything like this its a fair job and you need a spring compressor. Or you can take the struts off, bring them to your local garage and get them to transfer the coil springs for a small fee. Once you install your new strut assemblys go get it aligned at a reputable shop asap.

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah they're the full strut assemblies. What's a reasonable price for an alignment?

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's the torque for upper ball joint, tie rod, and anti sway bar end link? Need to know for tomorrow, but can't find it anywhere on the internet.
Thanks

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is for an '05 but should be the same.

Upper ball joint nut is 40lbs. The bolts are 97lbs.
Tie rod is 45lbs.
Sway bar link: upper nut 20lbs and lower nut is 75lbs.

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What does it mean for the upper ball joint to have two different torque settings?
Thanks! Ended up breaking one of the strut bolts on the top. Was torquing it down and barely had pressure on it when it snapped off lol. At least I'll be prepared for when I get my new strut.

Last edited:

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What does it mean for the upper ball joint to have two different torque settings?
Thanks! Ended up breaking one of the strut bolts on the top. Was torquing it down and barely had pressure on it when it snapped off lol. At least I'll be prepared for when I get my new strut.

The upper ball joint is apart of the control arm and can't be replaced by itself. So the "bolt" torque setting is the attachment to the frame.

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.

Nick0316

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magmun
I was wondering if anyone had the torque specs for the front end suspension. I am redoing both control arms, shock and sway bars assemblies. I know some of the answers are already on here, but does the shock need to be torque also?