Air fuel ratio gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have installed glowshifts 7 color series Airfuel ratio gauge. After 2 or 3 seconds after start up it fluctuates between rich and optimal rapidly and when the truck is warmed up and I stomp the gas it goes extremely lean. The gauge is hooked up to the sensor wire off the narrowband 02 senso. Any Ideas what is going on?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
You need to have a wideband O2 sensor installed, one should have come with the kit unless you bought JUST the gauge. A narrow band O2 sensor which is what's in the truck has a very small range and will only tell the PCM if it's rich or lean, which is why it bounces back and forth so quickly. The wideband O2 sensor will read and output a full 0-5V signal which the gauge will then be able to display its full range.

Also, the glowshift gauges and sensors are very low quality so I wouldn't take it at face value, I burned through 3 of them before finally getting a AutoMeter that's been flawless since.