Front 205mm HD axle questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
02 1500 4.7 4x4 here. Build sheet only states 205mm HD front axle, no ratios other than 3.92 for the rear, so first question is the front the same ratio? Second question on these axles can the left and right seals where the cv goes in be replaced from the outside? Third and final, anyone know another name for this axle and if a gasket is available for the diff cover? I like the gaskets better than the rtv just my personal preference.

Build Sheet Cut:
DJMS 205MM HD Front Axle
DMHP 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
DRBS Corporate 9.25 LD Rear Axle
DSAP Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The gears will be the same, if they weren't you'd have bad issues. Second question I'm not sure, and third question, check rock auto, they usually carry most gaskets available. Good luck!

OP
OP
PdPuNOme

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Now I need to know what the size differential is in the front other than 205mm. Is it a 8" diff? or 8.25"? Is it a dana or chrysler? Sorry I know the grand cherokees like the back of my hand and now switching to this truck recently learning all i can.

OP
OP
PdPuNOme

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok from more digging assuming it is a 8.25 by reference. I am going to order a LULLLRC825 which is a lubelocker reusable gasket for the front diff. Although I am not sure i would reuse, but non the less I will post results.