Help get Silver running again!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
ok well the other thread got a little to long so i decided to make a trouble shoot thread.

Already checked and is good
timing chain
springs and pushrods
plugs
vacuum lines
02 sensors

Exhaust is getting done on Tuesday so that will eliminate that question too

Things I need to check/do
Clean Tb and pcv valve
check/ clean egr valve
check alternator
check map sensor?
check idle control valve?

thats all i have. let me know what you guys suggest. thanks!!

Last edited:

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check all fuses, not just visual but with a DMM checking continuity

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Ok Nick here is a shot int he dark. If you happen to have had the intake off did you reuse the gaskets??? If so I bet your problem is there. The gaskets probably aren't sealing right and are letting too much air into the heads and the cylinders. Therefore causing it to stall out and run like crap. My buddies cheby is doing the exact same thing and he didn't do any changes. He found it out by spraying starting fluid around the intake gasket area and when it idled up he knew about where it was. So you may nee to just change out the intake gaskets.

Just a thought for ya there bud.

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
Did you check all the coils too? Your little wrench incident could have shocked fried a few lol

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Better throw the starter and battery cables in the mix as well

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
i could throw some luck your way but i think i ran low on that too my friend....but for what its worth i wish yall the luck to get your truck back up and running.....

OP
OP
S

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
im gonna try to check some of the wiring tonight and pick up some carb cleaner to clean the tb...

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
nick, any wires you'd like to check you can just check the resistance like i told you before. if the wire is shorted (or bad) it will have a really high resistance.

i think you can eliminate the starter. obviously the starter is fine, cause the truck is firing no problems -- its keeping it running thats the problem. starter and wire are fine.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Should i read the other thread first? If the truck ran ok then something else musta happened during thr breakin which is my only question and hopefully where talking 20 minutes at plus 2k rpm. If there is reason to beleive a wiring pinch or burn somewhete then a 100 percent visual inspection is in order. Let me know if im outta town!

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
I will do that Aaron buds but that said it sounds minor to me. Sure wish i could help out more though.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Should just wait till his exhaust is done tomorrow to start guessing issues although I do not think that will help any. If it was due to the open headers then everyone who has/is running a dual cutout right off the header collector would have the same or similar issue and I know a few who have their cutouts exactly like that who don't have any issues. I'm hoping its something that simple cause I want to see what your truck will do bullet.

On another note the cam you got WAS a sidewinder correct? Or was it the sidewinder grinde from a different company? And all the specs are alright and match a sidewinders as well right?

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
x2 ^^^ I don't see how it could be the exhaust cause there are plenty of people that when they got new headers for their truck they would start it with just the headers on to see how loud it is and there trucks never stalled. Was the cam used or new?

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Alright, hmmmm.... have you tried calling compcams and asking them if they have ever ran into this issue with the sidewinder grinde on another vehicle?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn