Help get Silver running again!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
where is the idle control valve?

on our trucks its an Idle control motor, and its inside the electronic part of the throttle body. When you took it all apart you recalibrated the throttle position sensor right. It wouldnt make it stall on a stock truck but the throttle would act really funny if you didnt.

OP
OP
S

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
well the more and more i read it seems like the egr valve might be causing all of this. it might be stuck open. read that one guy blew it open when he did a header install so that will be checked first thing. then ill go do the exhaust..

OP
OP
S

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
ok well i cleaned the tb and the egr valve. both were filthy. just got them put back on and it still does it. put more gas in it so thats fine. the intake has alot of carbon in it. also pulled a plug and it had alot of carbon on them too... im thinking it has to be a sensor now...

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Take it down and get the exhaust done to rule it out now before you start with the sensors.

OP
OP
S

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
im trying to figure out to get it there now. dont feel comfortable driving it now

OP
OP
S

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
which sensor controls the fuel trims short and long? thats the one thats prob messed up since my readings are exact opposite of jasons...

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
which sensor controls the fuel trims short and long? thats the one thats prob messed up since my readings are exact opposite of jasons...

I believe that would be your o2 sensors but I could be mistaken, I still think you need to get your exhaust buttoned up and the sensors installed. THEN start worryin bout sensors cuz we'll know they are then installed correctly and it's either the sensors that are bad or you wired your extensions wrong.

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
o2 sensors are plugged in with no splicing. the rears done matter right now

Oh, I was under the impression that you had to lengthen the front ones. Well ****........ I'm runnin outta idears.

edit: I would say check your coils, but..... that would most definitely throw a code so that can't be it either.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Since you didn't splice the fron O2s I assume you unclipped them to make them longer, mine wouldn't reach without doing that, so, follow those O2 wires up and see if something could have melted them further up top.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
That sure sounds like what its doing... since you had to pull the intake off id look there to start, it might be that the maf wasnmt put in right or a wire there got pinched or something.

OP
OP
S

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
the intake wasnt taken off. just the kn tube and we just unplugged it... no maf sensor just map sensor on dodge...