Steering shaft opinions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unglued

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have noticed when I get in my truck and use the steering wheel for a grab handle(stupid I know, but only happens once in awhile) or turn the steering wheel with the truck off I get a pop sound from what sounds like the steering shaft going to the box, couple this with the slight sloppiness driving down the road and I think a new steering shaft might be in order. I am still inside my warranty, but I am thinking it would be less hassle just to buy a nicer one that might not wear out as quick, and no worries about them ******* about lift, wheels, tires. etc etc. This is the one I am looking at.
BORGESON STEERING SHAFT 951 - Dodge Ram 03 - 09 4WD

Does this improve steering slop, I know it should help the popping sound, should help the steering slop. Just wanted some opinions on what other people think. There is only a $150 difference between this and my deductible on my warranty and if this one is better than its worth the difference to me. So what yall think? Anybody else used this and liked it? Appreciate the help in advance.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
on our megas there was a recal on the stearing linkage . call the dealer and find out . i had the same problem and its was a recal fix .

OP
OP
Unglued

Unglued

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the recall done and it made a big difference, this is just a little bit of slop that has just developed over the last few hundred miles or so. All my other components are in great shape. Thats all that I can think of that is causing the problems, and the popping I get from there. Thanks for the help

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
well with mine and the lift a new steering stabliser helped out also

Redneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 CTD
I have a PSC steering box brace on my 3500. I think it has really help out with wonder.