Why do I feel like my Hemi doesn't run like a Hemi?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
check you oil. in the engine, rear axel, transfer case if 4x4 blah blah. you could check your throttle body.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
ha well im gonna try this now. should i also recalibrate the TPS? The tuneup included changing the air filter, spark plugs, plug wires, oil, (oil filter wasn't changed because mechanic said its in the fuel tank so it doesn't really get dirty). There's different type's of tuneups?

find a new mechanic. your oil filter is attached to the engine and needs changed regularly. perhaps you're thinking of the fuel filter?

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
Well i would have to agree to disagree with okla...mineral grey is the best color......

its just white that was mixed with black to make it better. but the engineer was looking at maxim and got the proportions off. and thats the story of how mineral grey was born

BigMike005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
(oil filter wasn't changed because mechanic said its in the fuel tank so it doesn't really get dirty).[/QUOTE said:
ummmm oil filter in gas tank?.....negative...... i hope he ment fuel filter

Last edited:

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
^^^ wow i missed that some one needs slapped

BigMike005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
its just white that was mixed with black to make it better. but the engineer was looking at maxim and got the proportions off. and thats the story of how mineral grey was born

im glad he did. cause it's one BAD ASS COLOR.....

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that little sparkle in the mineral gray comes from the mixer after he gave a little somethin extra into the color mix after looking at the maxim too long.

haha you have little swimmies on your truck. black is better

P.S. this thread just got hijacked and *****

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
ok no slappins to be handed out. all i thought was what a ****** mechanic.

mike the mineral grey does look good but i have seen very few modded. it seems to be the international color for the non modding class. i see 6 of them every time i go to work, bone stock

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
how did this thread go from lack of performance to how black is the best color?

BTC FTW

OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have no idea but while you all do that i'm gonna go try what you all told me, just hopefully I dont get shocked

BigMike005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok no slappins to be handed out. all i thought was what a ****** mechanic.

mike the mineral grey does look good but i have seen very few modded. it seems to be the international color for the non modding class. i see 6 of them every time i go to work, bone stock

Maybe all the mod's are under the hood??? or maybe its because they have those ugly chrome bumpers like mine does...

OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
take the volo thing off and do the pcm reset. there are about 10 different ways so just pick one listed. i do mine every oil change. get a free flow exhaust of your choice and a cia. BFE and vara ram can back their numbers up. look around for what you like but asking us is like asking what the best color ram is. we all know its black but there are a few who live in doubt. these guys are experts in the performance area so feel free to ask for advice or tech support. also check the faqs to see if you get any ideas. good luck --mike

What do you mean by free flow exhaust?? and cia?

BigMike005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok back to topic...u'll be ok, do it and drive hard around the block and report back.....

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
anthing other than stock. some like magnaflow i personally love the aero turbine 3030. cherry bomb, glass pack, flowmaster i would stick to the first two myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anthing other than stock. some like magnaflow i personally love the aero turbine 3030. cherry bomb, glass pack, flowmaster i would stick to the first two myself.

sweet i am planning on doing adding exhaust which i forgot to add to my list in my introduction. thanks for reminding me. Whats the difference between all these brands though? power? Sound?

Oh and what did you mean by cia? cai? cold air intake?

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^^ yep. not only will you free up a few ponies, but it'll sound a lot better too. magnaflow is extremely popular with these trucks. dont pick flowmaster -- most people end up ditching it sooner than later for one of the others listed

OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sweet. Ok well i'm gonna go reset the pcm. i'll report back with the results in a bit if not in the morning