Death Wooble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilfuz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all, I am new here so don't mind me. I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 3" rancho lift and running 295 tires. When I am going down the road at about 65-70 and hit a bump, I get this "death wobble" in the front end. It is so bad that I have to bring the truck to almost a complete stop before it goes away. Everything seems somewhat tight in the front end, it does have 135,00 miles on it. Any suggestion on what it might be and what I might start replacing. Thanks.

OP
OP
E

evilfuz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
tires

I have switched tires and that didn't help any. It doesn't seem to be happening as much now that I went back to the stock tires now that you mention the tires.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well there isn't really any one sure fire fix to the Death wobble. It's usually a combo of little things. Everything from tire pressure, to track bar, to steering stabilizer. My first plan of action would be to take it to an alignment shop and have them align it and check it out. If that doesn't work. Take a look at a steering stabilizer. From there I would go to track bar. But that is just my opinion. I like to start with the cheap fixes first then go to the more expensive ones.

Welcome to the site and please keep us updated on what you find. We are always looking for new solutions to problems.

OP
OP
E

evilfuz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the help. I have already changed the stearing stabilizer too. The trackbar does have some play in it so I think I will try that next.