Spindle Lift..??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Hey guys,

was just talking with Al today about how I like the stance of his truck and would like to get my little 2wd to about the same height lol

So got to looking and it looks like fabtech makes the only suspension lift for 2wds..and it uses spindles..is that a bad thing?

they offer a 3", 3.5", and a 6".

what do yall think?

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
No...its not a bad thing...in lieu of longer HD tube control arms with BIG ball joints...which would be a bit better except no one makes them that I know of...

except Fabtech!

http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/products/images/products/5325.jpg

But it will require some welding. Most kits like this will.

Some things to check into would be longer brake lines, shocks, and a steering stabilizer for those bigger tires.

EDIT: I do NOT like rear blocks...I would buy an add a leaf.

Last edited:
OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
yeah the 6" kit it said requires welding,

the 3.5" does not.

Im getting in touch with them and we will see how it goes lol

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
The 6 inch kit has 2 bump stop lowering brackets that need to be welded to the frame. You could install the suspension and have the brackets welded in later...alhough I say that without consulting the instructions. Silly me.

Either way, you'll still need a body lift to get the heigth you want.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I might just settle with the 3.5" suspension lift..but who knows lol

do you think the kit levels the truck or would I still need my 2" spacers? (which I havnt installed yet cuz I havnt gotten my new shocks yet -_-)

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
You won't be able to use the spacers with the lift...without a rear block or AAL the truck will sit higher in the front.
I'd do the 3.5 with the spindles, a 3" BDS AAL, and call it good. You should be able to fit a 17 or 18 inch rim with thier suggested backspacing and a 305 or 33x12.5 tire with minimal trimming.
Your truck will sit about an inch or so higher than a stock 4x4. That should be a pretty good stance and handle and ride ok.

Last edited: