Front Bumper tilted up after accident

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Earlier this winter I was being a little reckless with a buddy of mine sliding around corners and corn fielding in the snow. In my infinite wisdom I decided to take a turn right after my friend before he even cleared it. Since it was possible for something to go wrong, it did. He went sideways and I couldn't stop in time, so I t-boned him in the driver's door. Really messed that sucker up bad, but only tweaked my bumper up a few degrees, didn't even scratch the plastic fascia.

About two weeks ago I was trying to remove my headlight assemblies to clean them, and potentially match them to some replacements, my truck is a sport. However, the plastic fascia is shifted just enough to bind up the headlights on both sides such that I can't pull them out. Is there anyone out there with experience on these trucks in front end collisions who would know what usually bends, and what i'm looking at for a repair? I'm not too concerned about just removing the fascia when I go to replace the headlight assemblies, but it would be nice to have my bumper look not bend upwards if its a fix less than a few hundred dollars. I haven't even looked at it yet, I have no idea what it looks like under there after the accident. I'm not gonna worry about it until the snow goes away, but it would be nice to hear some ideas.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Front bracket that bolts into the frame ends are usually the culprit.

I did the same thing with my '99. Check over the brackets, saw they were bent, got some new ones and was good to go.

OP
OP
D

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I'll see if I can move the snow out and get a peek. We got another 10 inches last night and this morning. i'm really not looking forward to work today, I get to sit in my truck at an indian trails bus lot and idle for 7 hours.

Thanks guys, it a place to start at least.