what paint to use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm wanting to paint the plastic components on my front bumper black to match my truck. The top part is obviously already black but from age has discolored some, so if there is a way to just spruce that up that would be fine. I've read on here a lot about plasticoat. But even all the blacked out rims I've seen are still a little grey looking. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BigH0ss

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You can use plasti dip and use some tire shine to give it that shine. I used color match paint to match the color of my truck. either one is good.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
To match you will have to get the paint code and buy the paint in spray form...prep will be key...then paint..and finish.

OP
OP
Badger

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Won't automotive paint crack and fall off from the bumpers flex?

ram15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i did the same thing for my ram and duplicolor bumper coating made it look like brand new plastic. two cans did front and rear bumpers, rub strips and my tail lights. i would go with that stuff i was real happy, hope this helps.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I don't think its that faded with plasti dip
000_0088.jpg

When painting plastic with spray paint, your gonna need to use an adhesion promoter so that it will stick.