airbag light stays on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tservice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On my 02 1500. The airbag light stays on. I have read enough here to check the sensors and the clock spring. How ever how do I check them?

edit sorry wrong section.

Last edited:

Mopar1973Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996, 2002
Engine
1996 Dodge 1500 (V8-5.9L) & 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 (5.9L Cummins)
WARNING!
First off before you mess with anything disconnect the battery and leave the truck alone for at least 15-30 minutes.

Now you can safely unplug the clockspring and ohm it out from pin to pin. Any open leads you got a fail clockspring.

As for the sensors I don't know of anyway to test them...

As for the dealer they can plug into the system with a DRBIII tool and be able to see exactly what is wrong with the AirBags.

OP
OP
T

tservice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the problem is that the passenger air bag on / off switch bulb is out. I will replace it and let ya know if it fixes it or not.

OP
OP
T

tservice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok its was that simple light that caused the issue. However once I turned the bag off the bulb blew. So I need to find the correct bulb. I am having a hard time finding it. So if anyone knows please speak up.