color?

• candy apple red

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • performance red

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Dog Poop Brown

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
well, pretty self explanitory lol I am going to be doing some painting soon, hvlp paint gun, the whole shebang. This color will be used through out the my build so that everything matches.

I am having a hard time deciding what I want more..and just looking for yalls opinion on what will appeal to the eye.

I know its my truck but I honestly love both colors, and if I plan to show the truck in the future, Id like to appeal to others as well as please my own taste.

So what do yall think?

Im kind of thinking that the candy apple will pop a little more

lets hear it!

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
performance. candy red is over rated

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
heres a few pics I could find

candy
paint_shop_candy3.jpg
CARTest.jpg

performance
dupbsp203_1.jpg
jeepndodge014.jpg
jeep003-1.jpg

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
thanks for the early Morning bump :D

and love the new sig buddy!

Tapatalk Addict

Last edited:

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
uhhhh candy!?! :********:

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I agree candy is over rated. I would actually look more of a racing red or flame red myself. Is this going to be on your interior plastics or for accents on the trim and what not??

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
its gonna be the secondary color in my interior

the interior will consist of black, and whichever red

it will also be used under the hood

as of right now, those are the only places I am planning on putting it but like I said, pretty much anything I decide to paint red, this will be the color I use.

iv narrowed it down to these two colors because they are the two reds offered by the "duplicolor paint shop" system, which I have decided to use because of its beginner friendly "pour & spray" ability, comes ready to spray. It requires no addition of hardener, catalyst, thinner, anything.

I plan on using their primer and one of these base coat colors, as for the clear, I am looking for something different because I have heard iffy reviews on their clear, but I think with wet sanding/buffing that their clear might be okay.

if anyone has any other "reds" that are similar to the duplicolor paint shop system which is pour and go, feel free to suggest.

I am thinking I will be getting materials tonight after work though, so hurry up :********:

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
It may really pop but from the candy I have seen it can give an orange hue to it in the right light.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Now maybe the paint was a traditional and didn't get mixed right. I don't know. But when I see candy I think deep red with light orange hue. But that's just me. lol

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Candy apple red ftw, if you're wanting to show it, gotta go with somethin that pops!

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
def leaning towards candy, but gonna heed your caution tony and check for some more pictures and make sure theres no orange hue

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I voted performance red. The candy in your pics are just a gloss red from what I saw, Candy Apple is almost opage with more sparkle.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
well, they only offer 3 colors in their candy coat, a candy green, candy orange, and candy red, so I would assume they would make sure to differentiate the red/orange, but Im gonna do some looking around on the web, watch some videos, and make sure the candy has no orange hue/tint to it. if it doesnt I will most likely go candy. Will keep yall updated!

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
on the way to work but just found this pic thought Id throw itt up to get opinions

this is the metalic spec red, which only comes in a aerosol can..so not sure id wanna use it cuz I wanna use a hplv gun to get a nice fan pattern and show no lines...

but anyways heres the color and this is the pic duplicolor uses on their webpage
metal_specks.jpg