New truck, some questions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harleygtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12v
Hey guys! About to trade my grand prix for a 1996 1500 4wd with a 5.9 engine, regular cab, 8ft bed.

Body and frame are mint, but the interior needs work. I have a few questions.

1) the driver seat is a mess, has wear on the left side, can I swap out the seats for another year interior? Which years would be compatible?

2) the headliner needs to be redone, should I do it myself? Or does any company provide a replacement?

Thanks!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
LMC Truck dot com will become your new best friend forever.

1. You can swap in seats from any truck from 1994 - 2002. You'll want to be mindful of seats that are powered or not powered depending on what you have in your truck. Or, you can reupholster them yourself with simple tools. Foam and cover kits are available for your truck.

2. Headliners can be a real ****** to install. Some experienced upholsterers dread having to do certain cars. I'd leave this job to an experienced upholstery shop.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
Harleygtp

Harleygtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12v
Thanks for the quick response!

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Interior changed in 1998. 94-97 all seats should be fine, but I'd imagine the newer trucks would have to be regular cab. Since the seat belt is in the chair on the quad cabs.

mitchbowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 2500 5-speed, soon to be leveled on 33's
Engine
5.9 Magnum
If you're thinking of doing the headliner yourself, id suggest searching this interior section of the forum on how its done. I know I've seen at least one post on it since I've been around.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Harleygtp

Harleygtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12v
so the only difference in the seats in 98 is the seatbelts built into the seats? The bracketing should all be the same?

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I did the headliner on my truck myself. Not a horrible job. Hancock Fabric carries everything you'll need. Go to Walmart and get you some 3M fabric spray glue. Removing the headliner itself just requires a bit of finesse. A pillars need to come down and any hanger hooks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk