wet floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ok for the last 2 days it has rained and my front floorboard on the passanger side has been soaked to the point of puddling like some one dumped a gallon or 2 of water there. I can find no point of entry windows are up door seals are dry and no visiable leaks under the dash or top of windsheild. The dash,seat,and door are all bone dry the only wet spot is the passanger floor. Has any body had a issue like this before? At this point im really confused.:shrug:

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
are you sure its not coolant? I dont know where is it could come from if it was water

OP
OP
P

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
are you sure its not coolant? I dont know where is it could come from if it was water

That was my first thought when I saw it. Its not coolant. In one way I wish it was then id just be mad about having to replace a heater core but I would know what it was atleast lol. I hate having a issue and not knowing what it is lol.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
haha. maybe wherever it came from it dried up. I would take a hose to the outside and spray and keep checking the inside till you see water and trace it down

Hotroder383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 or 5.2 which ever you want
Windshield leaking along the bottom seal, maybe due to rust. I had a Chevelle do this to me, when it would rain the pass side floor would be wet. Didn't think anything about it till I had to have it replaced due to a crack and company told me about leak. Take a garden hose and let it run along windshield, you may be able to climb under dash and see the water run down firewall.

OP
OP
P

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ok update on the wet floor issue. I think I have it tracked down by pure luck. Me and the family went to the store yesterday and it happened to be raining. The grandson in the back seat said something was driping on his mowhawk.......EURIKA he found the source of the wet floor!!!!!! it looks like the seal around the back window is leaking. Now that I know the cause I gotta get that seal sealed while im at it Im thinkin Ill try to clean the watter marks out of the headliner that I never noticed before lol. Ill post later on how I seal it and how well it works or dont work hopefully it will help some one else should they run into this issue.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Good luck with the fix...and thanks in advance for the pictures. My gf is having this problem with her truck and this may help solve it.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
there was one feller on here had a dodge and his 3rd brake light was leaking......maybe it ran down into the floor and being the pass side floor pan is one of the deepest points on the floor may have caused it to puddle up.....just my 2 cents lol

OP
OP
P

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
there was one feller on here had a dodge and his 3rd brake light was leaking......maybe it ran down into the floor and being the pass side floor pan is one of the deepest points on the floor may have caused it to puddle up.....just my 2 cents lol

Thats a possibility too while im doing this fix Ill look at it. It's just as possible that its the seal on the 3rd brake light as the back window seal im sure the watter would take a simular path if not the same. Thanks for the thought.

OP
OP
P

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ok update on the issue. I have pulled down the headliner and looked at the inside of the rear window seal. I saw a few spots that didnt look as good as the rest of the seal so I used a can of Flex-Seal my inlaw gave me over a year ago(first time I've had a use for it lol) and after tapeing off the window and covering the seats gave a few coats around the window seal. While I had the headliner down I pulled the fabric off it,cleaned up the board and put a carbon fiber lookin fabric back on the board. The next day just happened to have thunderstorms in store for the area and Im glad to say I didnt have a flooded floor after the storm. So I now have no leak and the watter damage is repaired. Sorry I dont have the DIY pics they were to dark to make out anything the flash was off sorry guys. But I will say it was a straight foward job remove the visor's, grab handles, dome light, over head council, and upper trim and the headliner comes right out just dont bent it to much and break the board.