Converted to electric fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hotroder383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 or 5.2 which ever you want
Ok so today I tackled the conversion to electric fans. Made the brace, bought the wireing relay from Summit, and got a pair of fans off a Ford Taurus. Took a few pics and only ran into a couple of problems. Biggest one was the alum I used was not thick enough. I should have used 1/16 instead of the sheet I had. I reinforced it with alum bracing but if I would have just bought the 1/16 sheet I would have saved myself alot of trouble. The other two were the overflow tank and windshield washer tank as both were attached to the shroud. I will need to make a couple of brackets to mount these. The last was were to place the relay, I had planed on putting it on the passenger side, but do to the short lead on the sensor I had to put it on the driver side.
i will do a write up on the install and step by step next week, this weekend is just too busy. I'll take a few more pics of bracing on plate and where relay went and how I mounted tanks. For now here you go enjoy and please comment.

Attachments

• dureing.jpg
    dureing.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,015
  • brace.jpg
    brace.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 300
  • compleated assmbly.jpg
    compleated assmbly.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 795
  • installed.jpg
    installed.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,023
  • Lots o room.jpg
    Lots o room.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 707

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
lookin pretty darn good.

ram15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yah, I cant wait for the write up either, I've been planning to do this.

OP
OP
Hotroder383

Hotroder383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 or 5.2 which ever you want
Couldn't tell you how much it is helping out just drove it home from my shop, about 7 miles hwy drive at 55-60mph. I only have the main 14" fan running right now as I am still kickin around the idea of putting the second fan on a switch inside the cab to flip on manually if I see the temp get too hot instead of hooked up to AC comp. I can tell you I was geting about 14.5 to 15 mpg before mod so I will keep track of two tanks after mod and let you guys know. No dyno to test on any more so I can't get HP numbers =/

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've run electric fans on all of my Rams. They make a decent improvement, especially in how cold the AC is. (constant high volume air flow through the condenser).

Looks like a nice shroud!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
very nice