O2 sensor brand??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I have a 2003 1500 5.9. Posting here because 3rd gen engine forum area is 99% hemi and 4.7 talk.

I am fixing plenum soon and want to replace 02 sensor(s). I have read just replace pre cat some people say to replace all of them though. I assume I only have 2, 1 pre and 1 post cat, I need to confirm that before I order . RockAuto list upstream left and right for me application so I'm not sure

I know some vehicles prefer certain brands, are 5.9 rams like that also?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
If you don't have a check engline light for your o2 sensors and still want to change them. Just change the front 2 aka pre cat aka upstream. Denso makes decent sensors.

OP
OP
pajeepman

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Only cel/code is for cylinder 8 misfire. Using oil like crazy= plenum. My mpg is in the 10 range according to computer and my math. It really should be higher(I hope so anyway). I have looked and looked and have had trouble fining what a o2 senor graph should look like on my code reader that shows graphs.

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
How are spark plugs/wires, and air filter doing?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
NTK are generally what these trucks like. Usually hate Bosch. I say generally and usually because you'll get the occasional unicorn

OP
OP
pajeepman

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
How are spark plugs/wires, and air filter doing?
Air filter looks good, i have a k&n deop in I have to drop in. I have new cap/rotor/plugs/wires to replace when the plenum gets done.

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Well I'd do all that first and see if your gas mileage comes back. Then if you still have bad mileage and want to replace the upstream sensor(s). Here's a link to get NTK/NGK o2 sensors. As pepper said, these trucks hate Bosch
PartCat

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The plenum repair is good for many reasons, but don't expect any miracles to fuel economy. My fuel mileage pre and post plenum repair is exactly the same and I also had new cap/rotor/wires/plugs at the same time. The Magnum engines are pigs no matter what you do to them, LOL.

Also, I used NTK when I replaced my O2 sensors. No problems here.

OP
OP
pajeepman

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I am not expecting MPG miracle but hopefully wth that, a tune up, and o2 sensors it will go a couple miles per gallon..

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Denso and NTK are the two I see the most consistent luck with. Bosch is hit or miss depending on vehicle.