Oil Emergency!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iseul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8 Magnum
Soo..I figured it would be okay for a few weeks until I had a chance to get it into the shop..but obviously I was wrong because I have absolutely no oil left in my truck..There's about 3-4cm of oil left on the stick.

Soo, what kind of oil do I get and where do I put it? I know I should actually change it, but I have to make it to work in the morning..lol.

I have an '01 Dodge 1500 5.2L V8 Magnum.

Please help, my mum's going to try and kill me for not letting her put it in the shop earlier because I had plans for the whole month.. :/

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
I am more than certain your truck takes 10-30w motor oil.

Look for this on the valve cover.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365994426.503764.jpg

Make sure you tighten it down when your done.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
That year truck you could do 5w30 or 10w30 no problem either way.

$miley

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put it in the shop for what?

brightwhitesport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If it still shows on the stick you have lots of oil left, probably only down a quart or so

OP
OP
I

Iseul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8 Magnum
I didn't get it checked when I bought it because I only had a day to buy a vehicle (rental had to go back and I had work to get to), so we wanted to get it completely checked over. Fluids (which I can check), gears, tires, brakes, springs/shocks, etc. Just make sure everything was good and not going to cost thousands by leaving it go until something actually broke.

I mean..the stick says I need to add. It's wayyy below the safe line.

But, mum saw the paper towel I used to check the oil and threw a fit with lots of "I told you so's" so I called my cousin up and asked if they take same day oil changes. I'm going there in about an hour for an oil change and a new air filter.