rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
How many miles would you guys say you get out of oem/stock rotors? Im not sure if my dad ever had them replaced before he gave me the truck, but I feel like my brake performance is lacking, and we just put new pads on about 10,000 miles ago, so im thinking maybe its time for a rotor replacement..let me know what yall think

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Mine had 89k on them when I replaced them but still had plenty of meat left on them

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Still on OEM rotors as far as I know. 148k They may have been changed long ago by the previous owner.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
hmm I'm at 162,000 and I'm pretty sure they are the originals

Tapatalk Addict

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
The rotors aren't gonna affect performance unless they are severely warped and you'll feel the steering wheel shaking while braking. What you'll probably need to do is change out your brake fluid as Michael has suggested. Brake fluid is hydroscopic which means it attracts water and will cause the brake lines to rust from the inside out as well as cause bad braking.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
thanks for the info and link, thats some very helpful info

Hotroder383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 or 5.2 which ever you want
Rotors have a min thickness and the only way to tell is to mic them. Good brake job you mic them and check run out or "wobble". How long they last depends on what pads you run too. If you use stock pads they last awhile if you upgrade to ceramic or performance pads that are "harder" then you wear the rotor out faster. Personally I replace or turn my rotors every time I do a brake job, but I use ceramic pads. Also most deff replace the fluid if it is dark looking, as said above it will go bad just like any other fluid it needs changing every so very often.

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had 94k when I changed my front rotors. Back are still oem but I use Kevlar rear pad don't know if that has anything to do with it. BTW boy do those Kevlar pads really work good especially when towing. I would venture to say best pads I have had.