smog stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
ok, check engine came on after i thought i fixed a problem, so, i replaced the purge solenoid on the back of the intake, when i pulled the lines off, the top line had a truck load of charcoal in it...so i pulled it all the way off from behind the brake booster, dumped it all out, replaced the line, put it all back together, reset the light, truck fired up perfect, seems to be running better...anyway, the point, is that line supposed to have all that charcoal in it, and if not, any fixes? thanks, Rob

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Your '97 should have had a recall on the the purge canister leaking. You should check and see if that has been done and that Dodge will still honor the recall

OP
OP
R

RobS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
did call dodge, and of course my canister is leaking, but my truck isnt under that recall.
soooo, i did my good ole fashion okie fix, pulled the line completely off, clean all the charcoal out, put it back in with pantie hose pieces on the spout from the can, and on the solenoid...we'll see if that helps :crazy:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990