Which of these Cylinder Heads are best? Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
I have an 84 dodge power ram and I bought a 360 magnum sourced from a 99 dodge durango that I'm going to rebuild and put in my ram.

For the magnum I'm pretty much getting new everything. The heads are the most expensive part of this build and I've narrowed it down to these two:

Hughes Engines

Hughes Engines

Between the Indy Max and the Iron Ram, which do you think is the best? I've heard good things from both, but I'm unsure which to go with.

What I'm aiming for is exactly what this guy did: 1987 Dodge W150 5.9 Magnum Engine - YouTube

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
is yours also 4x4? where do you want your power at? what are your cam specs? if your going for what he did (Lifted 4x4) I would go with the iron rams. they do not flow as well as x heads but going with those heads and a cam around 110 lsa with a fast ramp rate will keep air speed up through the mid range and make a good truck engine. if you got a 2wd id go with the x heads with a big lift cam and low 10s for compression

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Just get the Iron Ram heads. The Indy X heads are for 400+ HP builds.