Alarm Help Please!!??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nine8SST

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 SS/T
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Ok, so I just installed a Viper Responder 350 in my truck, 1998 Ram with factory keyless entry. Everything works perfect except for the power unlock. I wired up with the CHRYSLER 3/5 wire Door Locking Relay System, unlock is a 5 wire relay, and lock is a 3 wire relay. I split the unlock in the driver's kick panel. I am wondering if the split between switch/motor needs to be in the driver door? Literally between the switch and motor? I would totally appreciate any insight on this before I start backtracking. Thanks alot!!!!

-Jason

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I am unsure of that I haven't hacked into my wiring yet on my truck.

OP
OP
Nine8SST

Nine8SST

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 SS/T
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Got it figured out. If you connect the unlock wires in the driver kick panel harness it wont work, you have to go in the door and connect between the switch and motor (pink wire/purple stripe).

SkRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got it figured out. If you connect the unlock wires in the driver kick panel harness it wont work, you have to go in the door and connect between the switch and motor (pink wire/purple stripe).

thnx man. I hope this works for mine too. I bought a viper 5901 and recieve it tuesday!