Subs and other audio info!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01rammer1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What i have collected is:

Pioneer deh-x6800bt head unit
2 kicker 10" 500w subs in boxes

I want to get an amp, new tweeters, and replace my 6x9s. Does anyone know what kind of wattage the infinity amps are putting out? Just want to knownif they are worth keeping or not...

Does anyone keep the factory amps? Or when doing an audio build, is it better to have an aftermarket 4 channel amp to power the door speakers?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

01rammer1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my new stereo in and working. Its by far the best stereo that I've ever owned, along with the most functional!

Now I'm kinda stuck! I just ordered the AVITAL 4103 remote start/keyless entry system. So I'm about to be doing a ton of wiring. Should i just eliminate the factory amps and run my own since ill be running wires that way already?

I'm very new to subwoofers as well. Where are you all putting them in your truck?

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
If you have a single cab I used to put mine right behind the seats with the tray removed, I could fit 3 10s or 3 shallow 12s back there in a quad cab either on the seats or a low profile box under the seats.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
In my 96 all my subs were on the floor, just forget u have a backseat. It all depends on your decks output for the speakers and or what amp u use to drive the speakers. This time around I will get a 4 channel amp for the speakers (doors & rear).

OP
OP

01rammer1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my 96 all my subs were on the floor, just forget u have a backseat. It all depends on your decks output for the speakers and or what amp u use to drive the speakers. This time around I will get a 4 channel amp for the speakers (doors & rear).
I really am considering running an aftermarket amp. Im more concerned with music clarity at all volume levels, and good bass at low volume. But im clueless when it comes to what all i need to get the audio build done!

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
theres a surprising amount of space. just be creative. In my regular cab i have a 12 in a box behind each seat and the amp is under the middle seat. i could easily fit 3 12's or 4 10's behind the seat. i could get double that if i stacked them but i dont have enough money lol

Plop92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10 8L
What i have collected is:

Pioneer deh-x6800bt head unit
2 kicker 10" 500w subs in boxes

I want to get an amp, new tweeters, and replace my 6x9s. Does anyone know what kind of wattage the infinity amps are putting out? Just want to knownif they are worth keeping or not...

Does anyone keep the factory amps? Or when doing an audio build, is it better to have an aftermarket 4 channel amp to power the door speakers?

If you have the time and money I would get a 4 channel amp and up grade all your speakers. Dont worry about how kany watts keep and eye for the ohms out put

rammy98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Aftermarket is the way to go

If your on a budget theres some kicker cs components that are 6x9s online for $100. If I was u I would get a 6x9 > 6.5 speaker bracket Or have one made. infinity reference has a component set with tiny tweeters that will fit right where the factory ones go. And clarion has a mini amp for tight spaces. U can put it in the dash behind the stereo and it puts out I think 40 rms a speaker. For other budget amps wheather its 4 speakers or subs precision power is fairly cheap but still good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990