Fuel pump hose routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

this_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.9 V8
Hello. I've just started to work on our 1997 Ram 1500 truck. I've got lots of issues, but the first is leaking fuel. Please take a look at the picture below. I marked the fuel lines 'A' and 'C', then dropped the tank.. The line marked 'B' is no where to be found. I didnt even see it until I had the tank out. What is it and where does it go!? Also, the 'A' line off the pump had a 90degree elbow that cracked off. Might have been the source of the leak, but I dont know for sure. Can anyone recommend a kit, advice, etc. for how best to put all this back together? I'm guessing there are some flexible hoses with the proper connector for the fuel pump, then just hose clamp them to the hard lines? Can I get the plastic tank pressure tested to make that wasnt leaking? Again, any advice, recommended parts sources, etc, is appreciated.

Attachments

• fuel_pump.jpg
    fuel_pump.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 7,015

FiremanRod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
"A" is the Fuel pressure regulator
"B" is the auxillary tank connection - looks like the cap is missing, a very likely source of your leak, had to replace mine.
"C" is the fuel pressure relief/rollover valve.