More trouble with the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
So my truck has been dragging pretty good trying to start it the past week or so. Checked the red top which is less than 6 months old and its fine, alternator is putting out a little over 13.6v so I'm thinking the starter is going out. I'm assuming its the original starter and 14 years isn't too bad at all. Starter replacement is no big deal to me. But this morning, I got in it to drop my son off and after it fired up, the RPM's dropped to almost 0 then picked back up.

Got back home, killed it, then tried to start it again and it dragged like normal, fired up, then died. Tried starting it again and it did the same. Fired up, revved up to about 1000 rpm like always on start-up then dies. If I keep my foot on the pedal even the slightest it'll run just fine, doesn't cut out or try to stall and I'm stumped. No CEL or anything and I have no idea how a bad starter could keep it from running. Anyone got any ideas?

OP
OP
txbass06

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Plugs, wires, cap and rotor were replaced when I got the truck in October and they've got less than 5K miles on them

OP
OP
txbass06

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Lol that would be nice

I guess I scared it from all the cussing and threatening of gasoline and matches because it's running great now. But I'm more confused that ever...

OP
OP
txbass06

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have no clue... Tank was over 3/4 full but it's running good now. Except for the airbag light that randomly came on today

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
My airbag light was on when my cousin gave me the truck...changed the fuse and it went off.